Klyn Nursery is always looking for hard working, energetic individuals to work and grow within our Nursery.
Please submit a resume via email to Bill Mainland, Vice President, or stop by the Nursery at 3322 South Ridge Road, Perry, OH and fill out an application, or download one here, and bring it in.
Job Title: Sales
Job Summary: Work with the Sales team to promote the integrity of the Klyn Nursery name and product. To maintain a good relationship with customers and selling plant material to suit their needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Order processing
- Availability calls, faxes, emails, texts
- Assist walk in customers with information, orders, or pulling plant material if needed
- Help with scheduling customer pick ups and trucks
- Handle complaint calls
- Follow up calls in all aspects of sales
- Quotes: Completing availability on quote, maintain quotes in orderly fashion, follow up on quotes as needed
- Road trips to targeted sales areas / customers
- Compile road trip report and discuss at sales meeting
- Attend trade shows, in and out of state
- Help make arrangements for trade shows. Booth contracts, hotels, utilities, etc.
- Make plant lists for trade shows and work with inventory to ensure they are pulled, dug, and tagged.
- Will be asked to take on additional duties
- Information as necessary: Help with orders, pricing, etc., help maintain flow of papers, orders, etc., work with all sales and other offices. General help wherever needed.
- Catalog process:
- Catalog meetings: Availability, pricing, wording.
- Mark catalog pages with necessary changes, additions, new pricing, deletions, proofing and final correction
- Help maintain appearance of office.
- Ability to function in all phases of customer service.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to carry out and complete tasks a must.
- Plant identification knowledge, willingness to learn more.
- Production knowledge a plus.
- Insect/disease knowledge a plus.
- Computer skills needed, being able to learn our software program.
Office – Busy, sometimes distracting large office, with many cubicles.
Outdoors – Be prepared to work outside at any time, any weather.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturdays 7:00 a.m. – Noon (April, May, June & October)
Hours will change as needed seasonally
Not unusual to work until 6:00 in the spring and fall
We always try to close around 4:00 on Friday